Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Origin of Swine Flu and other Pictures






Becca and I have decided that the origin of swine flu comes from Il Porcellino (the little pig). It should be one of the first pictures I posted. He is located in one of the more touristy areas in the city centre. It is custom to go up to him rub his nose, and drop a coin in his mouth, which is a fountain, and it will bring you good luck. There are thousands of people who touch his nose everyday, which is why this is where the swine flu comes from!! haha.

We walked up this road called Viale Michelangiolo which is where one of the David duplicates is located. It was by far one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my entire life. Hands down. So all the pictures posted that overlook the city are from there.

We started class yesterday. Both of our intstructors we had yesterday were very kind and spoke pretty good english. Except in our Italian class, there is no english spoken because that is how most foreign languages are taught at the college level. Class is long (3 hours) and the classroom is hot, but nonetheless it does not feel like class... at all. Our second class is Italian life and culture. In this class we learn some history of Italy, Art, we get to go to an Italian Opera on October 14, as well as meet the City Mayor, and some other small day trips such as going to the farmers market etc. It all seems very fun.

I cannot believe how much our navigation skills have improved in the past 2 days. I do not carry a map around anymore unless I am going somewhere outside the city centre. And from here, we will only get more comfortable! Alright, I have to go do my Italian homework before class.
CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment